Tuesday, June 30, 2009

my hair.

Likes:
It's long.
I can straighten it.

Dislikes:
Curly. No, like... really curly.
Coarse.
Dry in some places, oily in others.
My scalp can't make up it's mind if it want's to be dry or oily, either.
Split ends are always there.

Clearly, the dislikes outweigh the likes. Don't get me wrong, I like my hair. I just don't love my hair. See the difference?

I have tried pretty much every product available out there and I definately know what doesn't work. I just haven't found what works yet. So I decided (today) to try something more... natural.
FYI. I should have been a hippie. I love all things natural. I want to go green, hug trees, etc. Peace and love, man.

So after consulting Dr. Google, I have decided to start rinsing my hair with white vinegar.

After shampooing and conditioning (I know, vinegar is supposed to replace the conditioner step... but you haven't SEEN a nappy head until you have seen mine without conditioner.... ahem.. anyway) I mixed 1/2 cup white vinegar with 1/2 cup cold water. Yes, cold water. I didn't think ahead. It could be a happy accident though because supposedly cold water makes hair more shiny. Bonus! I also used a more equal-part mixture of vinegar to water. It said to use a little more vinegar if your hair is extra-coarse (see list of "dislikes.)

Back to the vinegar...


Why vinegar? Because (once again, according to a google search--click here) it removes build-up, closes cuticles, and promotes an increased blood circulation. Sounds pretty good right? I'll let you know how it works out for me.

So far? I just smell like pickles.



Added: Most things work wonders the first time you try it but so far... Vinegar=great. My hair is softer, shiny, and it cut down my straightening/drying time. THAT is a miracle. The next time I wash it will be the real test because this weekend? I'm going swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment