Sunday, April 19, 2009

lazy. random. rain.

Very uneventful. Very lazy. Very restful. Very needed.

Friday.

Woke up. Gymmed (is that a word?). Started cooking my (if I say so myself) yummy pot roast. Let it cook for 8, yes 8!, hours. If you follow me on Twitter, you saw where I tweeted about a-ahem-healthy dessert that I made for Tom--as seen in this high quality cell phone picture!


It was a yummy... um... cookie cake? Thing? Anyway, I got the recipe here. Now THAT is my kind of recipe. I took the kind advice initiative and got some icing and wrote Tom a sweet message on my cookie..cake.. thing :)

(On a side note, he had a very bad week BUT got some good news on Friday! Never never underestimate the power of prayer!) He scarfed down everything I made like a mad-man and didn't taste it at all really enjoyed his meal. I made all of his favorite things! After he finished, he actually admitted that I can cook. That was worth it all for me.

Saturday.
I like to refer to this day as "Random." Why?

1) We went to the Grove Bowl. I got to see Shepard Smith on the big screen (I have an old lady crush on Sheppy.) After the game (this is where the random begins,) I was mistaken for a sophomore... in HIGH school. I'm not even a sophomore in college anymore!

2) After the Grove Bowl, I was watering my flowers and someone stopped, pulled in my driveway, and took my picture! No, I didn't know them. Yes, I was speechless..... Dang paparazzi.... :)

3)Me and Tom went to Kabuki for supper. Long story short, the hibachi chef was throwing eggs for us to catch in our mouths. These eggs were straight off of the grill. They were HOT. I missed. It went down my shirt. Hibachi chef acts like he is handing Tom some tongs so he can fish it out. I was embarrassed. Tom laughed.

Random, huh?
Sunday.
This morning was spent being a broken record playing with 20 craaaaazzzzyyy sweet babies in the OUMC nursery. I ♥ my job! After church a Sunday afternoon nap was in order. I woke up to a panicked Tom asking if I was alright. Yes, before you woke me up! Anywho, come to find out there was a tornado headed my way! It poured. It hailed. The wind blew. Then literally minutes later, it was over. You know what they say though!
Maybe these "April Showers"...



(See the standing water?)
will hopefully bring some May flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment